GUIDELINES - Awards & Recognition
In accordance with current NASSCED administrative policies, Awards & Recognition are given to retiring Executive Directors and others (as agreed to by the Board of Directors) who have rendered services to this Association.
To assist the Board of Directors in determining who will receive recognition the following guidelines will be used:
- A member of the Board of Directors or a State Executive Director may recommend individuals for recognition. Letters of interest should be drafted to the President of NASSCED.
- Upon receipt of such letters, the President will share the name and background of the individual with the NASSCED Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make a determination whether or not to recognize this individual. The Board of Directors will use the following criteria for their recommendation:
- The person served for one or more years as a State Executive Director and is now retiring/resigning. A certificate will be given for service of one to nine years and a service award (in the form of a $100.00 donation) for ten or more years of service;
- The person served as president of the Board of Directors for NASSCED and has now completed the term; or
- The person has rendered outstanding service/commitment to the betterment of NASSCED by serving on committees, presenting workshops at NASSCED meetings or by providing time and energy to the smooth operations of this Association.
- Upon a determination by the Board of Directors, the person will be recognized at either the mid-winter or summer meeting of NASSCED.
Revised: 1/96, 2/03